Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Plane different

Ever feel like going somewhere a little unusual?
I figure that for someone who hasn't spent a single night in mainland Europe*, Latvia is as good a place to start as any.

Okay, so my travel-happy family may have had something to do with it. It's nice to find somewhere where none of them have been.

So Latvia it is. One of Europe's newest states, a blend of local tradition and foreign intervention. A country just coming to terms with it's freedom, and as yet unspoilt by tourism.

I'm going with Oak Hall, a Christian travel company. I'm really looking forward to having a friendly group of people to go with, it's quite exciting not to know who's going with me, but it's a relief to know that I won't be the only one on my own.

Heathrow here I come.
*Spanish islands definitely do NOT count!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home